Explore the City
The University Park enclave that The Lumen calls home is where quiet residential peace meets unique dining, shopping and culture. If you are up for expanding your experience in Dallas, we are happy to help you explore the city.
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is a 66-acre botanical garden located at 8525 Garland Road in East Dallas, Dallas, Texas, on the southeastern shore of White Rock Lake.
The Dallas World Aquarium is a for-profit aquarium and zoo located in the West End Historic District of downtown Dallas. It aids conservation and education by housing many animals that are threatened or endangered as part of a cooperative breeding program with other zoos around the world.
The African American Museum of Dallas houses a rich heritage of American art and history in four vaulted galleries that are augmented by a research library. The Museum's permanent collections include African art; African American art; magazine, historical, political, and community archives. Visitors can also experience African American culture through many educational and entertaining programs that are frequently presented in an "educational plaza", which includes a theater and classrooms.
Dallas Zoo is a 106-acre zoo located 3 miles south of downtown Dallas, in Marsalis Park. Established in 1888, it is the oldest and largest zoological park in Texas and is managed by the non-profit Dallas Zoological Society. It is home to over 2,000 animals representing 406 species.
American Airlines Center (AAC) is a multi-purpose arena, located in the Victory Park. The arena serves as the home to the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association, and the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. The arena is also used for concerts and other live entertainment.
- Shopping and Restaurant Destinations in Dallas
- Mockingbird Station (1.2 mi)
- Knox-Henderson (1.2 mi)
- Highland Park Village (1.5 mi)
- Greenville Avenue (1.5 mi)
- Main Street District (5.2 mi)
- Forty Five Ten on Main (5.2 mi)
- NorthPark Center (2.8 mi)
- Dallas Arts and Culture
- Southern Methodist University and Owen Fine Arts Center (0 mi)
- Dallas Arts District (4.6 mi)
- Meadows Museum Dallas (0.6 mi)
- Nasher Sculpture Center (4.5 mi)
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center (4.5 mi)
- Dallas Museum of Art (4.6 mi)
- Crow Collection of Asian Art (4.6 mi)
- Fair Park (5.6 mi)
- Sports and Entertainment
- American Airlines Center (6.1 mi)
- Cowboys Stadium (NFL) (23.6 mi)
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Dallas World Aquarium (4.8 mi)
- Dallas Zoo (8.7 mi)
- Six Flags Theme Parks (35.8 mi)